Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Botswana Ash located?
The mine is located at Sua Pan, which is approximately 180 kilometres west of Francistown in northern Botswana.
Can anyone buy your products – salt & soda ash?
Yes, we sell to individuals and corporate customers. Most of our customers are within the region namely Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and the DRC.
Who do I contact if I want to enquire about your products and buying them?
You can contact the Marketing Department at email address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; by mobile phone at +267 71887125/71684380 or via our switchboard during working hours at +267 621 3210
What process do I have to follow in order to buy your products?
Customers are required to comply with our order processing procedures which entail the following steps:
- If a customer is interested in purchasing salt or soda ash, they must send us a written request for a Proforma Invoice and clearly indicate the product to be purchased, the destination country and the quantity required
- On receipt of the request, Botash will send the customer a Proforma Invoice confirming unit price, total quantity, total price, total VAT (where applicable), destination country and bank details for US Dollar account or Pula account
- The customer must ensure that they deposit the correct amount of funds into the relevant bank account, which funds will then be credited to the customer’s account
- All customers are allocated an account number which is used for future deposits and invoicing
- The customer must also send an official order to Botash and inform us of the mode of dispatch. Where road transport is used, the customer must send us a loading instruction for each collection
- Botash will only load product for customers on confirmation of funds in the customer’s account, receipt of an official order and a booking in the case of road trucks and the availability of rail wagons in the case of rail dispatches
How do customers collect product from Botash?
We have capacity to load both road trucks and rail wagons on site.
- For road trucks, the customer must make a booking that we must confirm before their truck(s) arrive on site. Additionally, the customer must arrange their own transportation for collection of product, as we do not own or operate a road transport fleet. The costs of transport must also be agreed between the customer and the transporter. We will invoice the customer for product only, that is, on an ex works Sua Pan basis only
- For rail wagons, these are loaded with product in the order in which they appear on our customer order bank. We dispatch by rail to Botswana and Zimbabwe only
- In some instances, however, customers in other countries are able to arrange their own rail wagons in which case Botash will endeavour to load these wagons
Is Value Added Tax (VAT) charged on customer invoices?
VAT is charged to all purchases that are for delivery locally. All exports are exempted from VAT. However, if a company buys for export for the first time, the consignment will be charged VAT. This VAT can then be claimed back from the Botswana Unified Revenue Services (BURS) offices by the customer on submission of the customs acquittals. Subsequent consignments will then be exempted from VAT and the customer is required to submit acquittals of the previous consignment to Botash for the exemption from VAT to apply on his next consignment.
What are the other terms and conditions for doing business with Botash?
Payments must be made through the bank only. Bank charges are for the customer’s account. Any bank charges that are charged to Botash will be recouped from the customer’s payment without further recourse. After making each payment, kindly fax or email us the bank swift document so that we can follow up the samePlease note that a USD payment may take up to 3 (three) business days before it reflects on our bank statement, therefore please plan your payments and collections accordingly
- Please ensure that you have also sent us an official, signed Order on a company/individual letterhead with the following details: company/individual name and registration number; order number; postal address, physical address; telephone number, facsimile number & email address, product and packaging and quantity to be collected in tonnes
- Collections can only be done after receipt of the following: customer payment reflected on our bank statement, an Order and a Loading Instruction (LI). The LI must state the driver’s name, truck & trailer registration numbers, product to be loaded, packaging (50 kg or 1 tonne), quantity & expected date of arrival of truck on site
- Collections must be booked 2 – 3 days in advance. You must have a confirmed booking date before trucks come to site
- We load flatbed trailers only, not containers or trailers with rails. Trucks will be checked for road worthiness and suitability for loading. Trucks that do not meet our safety requirements will not be allowed to enter the plant to load product and will be requested to leave site
- To obtain more information about our products or to send any queries, please visit our website at botash.bw